Femtech Round Table Spotlight
The Secret to Pitching Your Femtech Products
with Frances Tang, Founder and CEO, Awkward Essentials
Post-sex BFF: After-sex dripstick
A medical-grade sponge made to absorb excess fluid in the vaginal canal after sex.
Frances was frustrated with the mess after sex — ninja rolls off the bed and penguin walks to the bathroom were not fun.
Inspired by the love for baking, Frances invented the dripstick.
But her products weren’t well-received by investors because she was too focused on facts and statistics.
So, it evolved into a personal story with a little bit of humor to relate to investors & customers.
That’s when things turned around — $2.3 million in funding to date!
Her famous Twinkie demo is funny, to-the-point, and so bootstrapped!
Check it out at AwkwardEssentials.com
Secrets to Pitching
- Do your research (with PitchBook)
- Build a list of investors who have invested in similar products, similar areas of interest, and similar personas
- Pitch to investors because they are a good fit!
- Use personal stories to relate and build trust
- Make your products easy to understand
More Tips to Other Femtech Founders
- Hire the right people to do things that you don’t know or are not good at
- There are always growing pains; embrace it and enjoy the journey
- Go for it! Women are uniquely positioned to understand and solve our problems
Next Step for Frances
- To be the leader in the crotch care industry (awkward~)
- A new product is coming out Winter 2021
How can We Help Her?
🌼 Like this? Subscribe to my email list to learn more about upcoming Femtech events and other Femtech-related topics.
Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Startup Branding Quiz:
Health check your brand to identify areas for improvement and take your brand to the next level. → TAKE THE QUIZ
2. Build a Fundable Brand™ Bootcamp:
A 30-day bootcamp for first-time founders to create your very own investor-ready brand (even if you have ZERO design or marketing experience) in just 1 hour a day. → JOIN THE WAITLIST
3. Brand Perfect Unlimited: Subscribe to our friendly service plan with no proposal or scope of work required. Request unlimited designs hassle-free. → SEE PLANS