Femtech Round Table Spotlight
Branding Tips from Femtech Founder
with Danika Kelly, Co-founder & CEO, My Normative
My Normative App
The world’s first health tracking app with a female-focused lens. It helps you track and understand how your hormones impact your activity levels, sleep quality, and more — beyond reproductive health.
It all started with the “52 Project” — Danika and her co-founder, Renee, reviewed an app each week for 52 weeks. They discovered that there was nothing for women and their unique needs.
Knowing that the impact of female physiology on health is largely ignored or dismissed, they developed My Normative.
Danika and Renee want to leverage this proprietary app and data to develop tools and algorithms to help health innovators incorporate women into clinical trials.
“Renee and I specialized in women’s health in grad school. We couldn’t find any data sets that actually measured female persons. It didn’t exist.”
My Normative App took 8 months to build.
It was launched on March 8, 2021, National Women’s Day.
Since launching, they have had 400+ users in 5 months-time.
Branding Tips from Danika
- Find your why
- Stay true to your purpose
- Communicate it through concrete messaging
- Get user feedback and constantly improve the user experience
More Tips to Femtech Founders
- Be brave! Building a company is challenging; if you lack courage, find people who can help you to be your bravest
- Learn to prioritize
- Your product doesn’t have to be perfect; instead, get user feedback as early as possible
Next Step for Danika
My Normative App 2.0 will be launching on September 1, 2021
How can We Help?
🌼 Like this? Subscribe to my email list to learn more about upcoming Femtech events and other Femtech-related topics.
Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Startup Branding Quiz:
Health check your brand to identify areas for improvement and take your brand to the next level. → TAKE THE QUIZ
2. Build a Fundable Brand™ Bootcamp:
A 30-day bootcamp for first-time founders to create your very own investor-ready brand (even if you have ZERO design or marketing experience) in just 1 hour a day. → JOIN THE WAITLIST
3. Brand Perfect Unlimited: Subscribe to our friendly service plan with no proposal or scope of work required. Request unlimited designs hassle-free. → SEE PLANS