There are so many confusing and misused terms in branding. So, I think it’s important we start by clearly understanding these basics concepts.
A brand is a customer’s perception of a product, service, or company. [Marty Meumeier, "Brand A to Z"] It exists in the mind of the customers. It’s not what you think you are. It's what the customers think you are.
Brand = Reputation
It’s a set of activities that shape the customer’s perception of your brand (aka reputation).
- The activities involve the creation of your products or services
- The way you treat your customers, investors, suppliers, and employees
- The environment where you conduct your business
- Your visual and written communications
Branding = Products/Services + Sales + Operations + Culture + Customer Experience + Design (all the activities that build a reputation)
Thanks for being a part of my journey to build a branding agency for femtech startups. Sign up to my email list or follow me on LinkedIn to connect.
Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Startup Branding Quiz:
Health check your brand to identify areas for improvement and take your brand to the next level. → TAKE THE QUIZ
2. Build a Fundable Brand™ Bootcamp:
A 30-day bootcamp for first-time founders to create your very own investor-ready brand (even if you have ZERO design or marketing experience) in just 1 hour a day. → JOIN THE WAITLIST
3. Brand Perfect Unlimited: Subscribe to our friendly service plan with no proposal or scope of work required. Request unlimited designs hassle-free. → SEE PLANS